Monday, July 20, 2015

Testify To Pharmacy Jesus My Friend......Testify......

I QUIT RITE AID!

And it was the best thing I could have ever done for myself.


Hello Mr Monkey, I asked advice from you a few years ago about leaving Walgreens for a Rite Aid position located where I wanted to live. I thought you would like to hear what happened.

It lasted 3 years. During that time, I was miserable. It got so bad, I was forced to flex my brain muscles more than I did in pharmacy school, to figure out how to get out. It is so pathetic, to spend $150k on student loans and pass classes that took all of my efforts for so many years, only to find myself equally pressured to get the fuck out of the very place I dedicated my life to be in.

I was threatened with trivial write ups over mentally ill customer complaints, sending a personal fax, putting a flu shot sign in the incorrect location, etc. These write ups, I was told, would lead to a final meeting that would possibly result in termination. I put my keys in the lock box, called the DPM and informed him I would never be back. They did not deserve a 2 week notice.


I started a home business with my wife, and all is well. I still Rph, doing some floating for the new Haggen stores. I now own my life again, sleep well at night, and wish the best for all of my pharmacy friends that are stuck in the corporate trenches.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and writings over the years, and they no doubt had a huge influence in my ultimate decision to leave and stand up for myself. For that, I thank you very much Mr. Monkey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I left Walgreens 2 years ago after a 5 year stint that eventually had me dreading each workday. The hardest part was taking that risk of leaving but now I'm working in a hospital (at my alma mater no less) and have finally regained my sanity.

Justa Dude said...

The road to authenticity and regaining your personal pride is long and hard and usually entails significant financial sacrifice. At least you will not be upselling flu shots to addicts so they die fully vaccinated. Trust in pharmacy jesus to be at your side

Anonymous said...

My last pharmacy job was working for Thrifty's which later merged with Rite Aid. They are a good fit. They have a knack in humiliating a professional pharmacist. I dreaded going to work every morning.

I left pharmacy and entered a new career in the Water and Wastewater field. I work internationally. The best part is that I enjoy waking up in the morning to go to work. Yes.

There is a good life after pharmacy.

Anonymous said...

Its funny...I do dread going to work each morning, but on the other hand .... I really like my job, that's why I've been doing it for 25 years.... or is it because that's all I know..I guess I'll figure that out when I find something else to pass the time away...